Use These Steps to Get Your Home’s True Value



Today I’m answering the question, “How do I determine the value of my home?”

Want to sell your home? Get a FREE home value report
Want to buy a home? Search all homes for sale

This week I’m answering a question I get pretty often, “How do I determine the value of my home?” 

There are actually a few steps in determining the true value of your home. 

The first is to get a basic overview by using the value tool on my blog or another online resource. Remember, this is the first step and only a starting point. 

Next, give me a call and I will come do a walkthrough to look at your home’s floor plan, assess its features, and get a good feel for the location. After that, I can give you a very accurate price range for what your home would sell for on the market. 

It’s important to remember that what your home will sell for won’t always come down to price per square foot. I’ll also take the time of year into consideration. The Denver market is seasonal, which means average home sale prices change with the seasons. Just last year, sale prices rose 12% from February to July. 

The good news is that Denver has only had about seven weeks of inventory for a few years now. A balanced market in which buyers and sellers benefit equally from the market occurs when there are 26 weeks of inventory. So, seven weeks of inventory puts Denver in an incredibly hot seller’s market. 

Denver is in an incredibly hot seller’s market.

If you’re looking to sell your house, are curious about your home’s value, or know anyone that is looking to list, please don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I’m always happy to help!